- How to Delete Wattpad Account Step by Step 2021
How to Delete Wattpad Account Step by Step 2021
You wish to know how to delete your Wattpad? Then you have come to the right place. We will walk you through the whole process step by step. Deleting, removing, cancelling, or deactivating your account can be difficult on your own but don’t you worry we are here to help.
Before we get started let us know, if you wish to delete your account due to spam email then mark them to be moved to the spam folder or unsubscribe from the newsletter.
But if that is not the case and you have your own reasons to do so then won’t hold you any longer and get you sort out immediately regarding how to delete Wattpad account.
How to Delete Wattpad Account Step by Step Guide
Before you go on reading through the steps it is important to know that once you delete your account all of your published works, comments and personal information will be removed as wel
We suggest that you should download all of your data before proceeding with the deletion process.
Follow these list of steps to get stated.
1. Log in to your Wattpad account using either your Facebook or email address:
2. Go to your profile in the account settings to find the delete options:
3. In the account settings go to ‘Close Account’ and click on it:
4. Go through the options to pick one and then click on ‘Close Account’ to confirm your choice:
Note: Don’t forget to tick the ‘Yes, I am sure. Please close my account.
5. Then enter your password to confirm that you want delete your account:
How to Cancel Wattpad Account?
If you wish to know another way to get rid of your account, then you can opt for this way as well.
- Click on this link https://www.wattpad.com/user_close then follow through the steps as they will be somewhat similar to the ones mentioned above.
- Go to ‘Close Account’ and specify your reason to do so in the given space then click to confirm.
- Don’t log in after this process as it will reactivate your account to due app’s feature.
How to uninstall Wattpad from Desktop?
You wish to make some space in your device then uninstalling the app after you delete your account would be sensible.
1. Locate the app on your device:
2. Then right click on it to find the uninstall option and tap on it to remove the app from your device:
For your ease we have constructed a step by step guide that will walk you through the entire process at your own pace. We have mention all the necessary information need to delete your account without much of a hassle. If you find the need to know more than mentioned above, then feel free to go through our FAQS or leave a comment down below.
About the Company
Founded in 2006 by Allen Lau and Ivan Yuen Wattpad is a writer’s publishing app that allows them a platform to showcase their written words. Wattpad has 49 languages along with English that helps amateur writers to share their work with one another. The platform has currently 90 million users and readers even through it is available in 50 plus language with 77 percent content written in English.
Since December 2006 to 2019, Wattpad’s slogan was ‘Stories you will love’ but in the start of February/March 2019 it was changed to ‘Where stories live.’ In 2021 Wattpad was acquired by Naver Corporation.
1. How to delete Wattpad account?
In the account settings, find the option of close account and click on to follow through the steps.
2. How long does it take to delete account from Wattpad database?
It takes almost six months to delete your Wattpad account from the database including all of your comments, posts, messages, and another data associated with your name.
3. Why did Wattpad delete my story?
When an account has been reported to Wattpad, the team conducts an investigation that involves looking through any post, story, or comment that might violate the guidelines of the application.
4. Who bought Wattpad?
Wattpad as of 2021 was brought by a South Korean firm named Naver in 600 million dollars in order to expand the firm through the app globally.
5. How to get back deleted data?
You won’t be able be to recover any of your data after you delete your account that is why it was advised to download anything valuable before removing your account.