- How to Use a Stylus Pen Step by Step 2021
How to Use a Stylus Pen Step by Step 2021
In technological terms, a stylus is a pen-shaped object used to draw or pick and choose through tapping. It only works with touchscreen devices such as smartphones, computers, tablets and gaming consoles. This user-friendly gadget provides accuracy and more control than your fingertips.
Want to know more about this smudge-free device and its uses? Then keep reading, as this states how to use a stylus pen.
How to use Stylus Pen?
Even though the design and battery life may vary from pen to pen the basic look is the same.
1. Every stylus pen has an eraser, a control button for pressure and a charger at the back.
2. It has many types of different tips depending upon the user’s need.
3. You can use your stylus pen by touch the screen on the medium if that doesn’t work for you than some pen offers Bluetooth connective, so use that.
4. To find the tip of the pen, push the tad and the pin pops out.
5. Then insert the pen till you hear a clicking sound, then hover the pen on the screen or press the ‘S’ button on the pen to activate it and start drawing or writing.
6. Your stylus pen can also be used as a mouse if needed.
Types of Stylus Pens
There is a range of stylus pen you can choose from to best fit your needs such as ones made of a conductive form of rubber.
An active stylus pen looks like a pen with features like internal electronic memory, erasers, pressures sensitivity depending upon the light or heavy pressure.
A capacitive stylus pen charges from your finger to the screen and doesn’t have that touch sensitivity offered by an active stylus pen nor does it has any electronic feature like the active stylus pen.
1. How long does a stylus pen last?
Depending upon the app or its usage for the task it can last up to 8 – 10 hours and will take an hour to recharge.
2. How to use a stylus pen on all touch screens?
You can’t connect to every device with any type of stylus pen, as in passive stylus pens, it uses electrical charge from your finger to screen making it work on any touch screen.
3. Does the stylus pen wear out quickly?
If you have some heavy work for this little gadget, then it may not last longer than expected and worn out due to excessive usage which results in the tip drying out or the battery life getting worst.
4. What is the tip of the stylus pen made of?
The tip of the pen is a form of rubber which makes it to get precision, as the screen uses an electrostatic field to distort the touch and convert it.
5. How to activate my stylus pen?
In your gadget go to ‘Settings’ then ‘Devices’ and click on ‘Bluetooth.’ After that press and hold the button on your pen for a couple of seconds then it flashes indicating it has been connected with the device, then select the tip thickness and get started.
6. How often should I charge my stylus pen?
Your pen should charge a maximum of 1000 hours during your working time. So can charge you can pen up to an hour or once per day to make it last longer.
7. How to connect my stylus pen?
Stylus pen best support applications like Adobe Suite, Bluebeam Revu, Drawboard PDF, Surface Dial, Microsoft Office, StaffPad, CorelDRAW and OneNote.
8. How to draw or write on a desktop screen?
Open the application you want to work in and then click on Window Ink Workspace on the taskbar. Then go to Screen sketch and the sketchpad tool to do your thing.