- How to Delete Green Dot Account Step by Step 2021
How to Delete Green Dot Account Step by Step 2021
Green Dot was founded in 1999 by Steven Streit as a prepaid debit card for online shopping. The company was private when it launched, but it went public worth up to 2 million dollars in 2010 after acquiring a company like Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, UniRush Financial Service, AccountNow, Loopt, and AchieveCard.
The company was stationed in California and is known as the world's largest market cap of prepaid debit cards. Green Dot is an American financial and technology-based corporation used to make payments for Apple Pay Cash, Uber, and Intuit.
Over the years, the company co-branded Walmart, AT&T, Citibank, Boost Mobile program card, and set up Unlimited Cash Bank. It offers 3 percent cash back, savings account, and interest for an Unlimited cashback account as well.
The debit card offered by Green Dot isn't a line of credit as it makes a deduction on store-bought purchases. It allows the users to add money to the card from the retail store's point of sale or through a paycheck.
How to Delete Green Dot Account?
Want to delete your green dot account due to some reason, but don't know how to? Here are a few steps to guide you.
1. Sign in to your email account.
2. Subject the email ‘Request to Delete My Account.’
3. Address the email at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Compose a well-structured email stating, why do you wish to delete your account?
5. And ask, if it is possible to ease your account details and other information.
6. You can contact customer services at (886) 795-7597.
7. You can also mail at P.O. Box 5100, Pasadena, or California 91117.
How to Cancel Green Dot Card?
To cancel your green dot card, you will have to clear your previous payments first. Keep in mind that closing your account can affect your credit which may drop down more than you expected.
Remember to cancel your bill, utility, subscriptions, and other services payments to avoid any issues.
1. Then go to security on the green dot portal under ‘Close Card’ to cancel your account.
2. You can call the customer service at 866-795-7597 and get the necessary information to help you through the process.
3. If you cancel your account due to security reason, then the green dot won't close your account, and you will have to pay an additional fee for the new replacement card, that can be linked with your Apple Pay and Samsung Pay account.
How to Reactivate an Existing Credit Card?
Want to reactive an old existing credit card, but don't know how to? Here are some steps to get you settled.
1. Call on the toll-free number visible on your card sticker to talk to customer service.
2. Put in your credit card number.
3. You will be asked some questions for security purposes, so follow through.
4. After that, you will receive a confirmation message.
1. How can I cancel my green dot account online?
Either call the customer service line at (866) 291-0818 and let them. Otherwise, you can do it through your account. Go to 'Security' and tap on 'Close Card.'
2. Can I get two green dot accounts under one name?
Yes, you can. Green dot offers two accounts and one credit card for an unlimited cashback bank account.
3. Why did the green dot close my account?
Green dot might have closed your account due to suspicious activity. You can call the customer service line at 1-866-795-7597 and let them know your issue.
4. What is my green got card daily limit?
The daily withdrawal amount on the green dot prepaid card is 400 dollars. You can get up to 3000 dollars in a month from ATM and transactions.
5. How can I transfer funds from my green dot account?
You can either use MoneyGram or Western Union to transfer funds. You can use online transactions or call to confirm your account number.
6. How many banks are associated with a green dot?
Green Dot includes GoBank and has FDIC-insured members that operate under the Green Dot Bank and Bonneville Bank.
7. Can I have a saving safe in the green dot?
FDIC insures up to 250,000 dollars of the depositor's money in all accounts of the green dot.
8. Can we reopen a closed green dot account?
Yes, you can. But, if your account's fee drops to 0 dollars, then the green dot deletes your account without notice. You can call the customer's service at (866) 795-7597 to know more about your account.
9. What is the amount limit on a green dot card?
The maximum reload limit is 3000 dollars, but it may differ from the instore reload limit. The card will exceed the limit of 3000 dollars even if you load cash in it.
10. Can I link my green dot account to the application?
You can't use a prepaid card on the app, but just on the bank account backed by Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express.
11. How much is the monthly fee?
The monthly fee on a deposit of 1000 dollars a month will be $ 7.95. Whereas it will be 3 dollars for an ATM, but the fee may increase according to the ATM charges.
12. Can I link my green dot account to PayPal?
Yes, you can link your green dot account with PayPal and use your green dot account to load funds into PayPal.